Our terms and conditions are designed to provide our readers, subscribers, visitors and buyers of any of our products with a guideline as to how all aspects of our services are provided and accessed and how you can interact with these services. For specific queries that are not answered in the information below, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content and information in The Connexion newspaper, any help guide and on this website is intended for guidance only. It is not advice which if needed can be sought by instructing a professional on the specifics of your case or situation. No liability whatsoever is accepted for any errors, omissions or misstatement.
Accessing our services
Parts of our services are only accessible to our subscribers.
We may, at our discretion change, remove, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our services at any time including the availability of any content (e.g. a specific editorial section may be withdrawn).
Access to and use of the website and content on the website
Our website (connexionfrance.com), content, trademarks, copyright, logos, domain name and other related intellectual property rights or other features of our brand belong to us. Your use of our services does not grant you any rights related to our intellectual property whether for commercial or non-commercial use.
We grant our users a licence to access and use our services and intellectual property rights (subject to your ability to access our services as set out above) as detailed below:
- You may use the website for your own personal non-commercial use only;
- You may only copy, download and print extracts of the content for such personal non-commercial use provided that at all times you maintain any author attribution, image / other attribution, copyright or restriction therein for any content that you copy, download or print;
- Without our prior written approval, you may not use the website and/or any content for any other purpose whether credited, linked, attributed to us or otherwise.
For the avoidance of any doubt ways in which the website and content may not be used include but are not limited to:
- downloading or printing any content/extracts of content in any systematic or regular manner;
- creating any form of database whether in electronic and/or paper or other form comprising content from the website;
- reproducing, republishing, modifying, distributing or commercially exploiting the content;
- creating derivative or modified works of the content.
Any such use of the website and/or the content is prohibited without (i) our written consent and (ii) an appropriate licence which will detail the terms: payment, duration, credit and attribution etc under which content can be used. Please email email@example.com if you wish to licence any content from the website.
Users of our services may be able to post and/or upload content (text and/or image) and/or to participate in an article whether online and/or in print. In posting your content or participating, you confirm to us that you are the owner or have consent from the owner to post or supply any content and that the content complies with our guidelines for participation as detailed below and does not defame any person, company or business or violate the privacy rights, copyright and other intellectual property rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
By submitting content, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, royalty-free worldwide licence to use any of the content that you post / provide on or in connection with our services and you also irrevocably waive the benefit of any moral rights you may have in any such material. We do not claim any ownership rights in your content and you continue to retain all ownership rights in your content. If you believe that your rights have been infringed in relation to your content, please contact us.
We do not endorse any user-generated content nor do we guarantee the accuracy or authority of any user-generated content. We reserve the right without notice to remove your content and to remove, suspend or discontinue your opportunity to submit, post and/or upload content, at any time and for any reason at our sole discretion and without further recourse.
Please note that we are unable to return any content / material posted to us.
Costs of using our services
We provide our users (whether as a subscriber or visitor) with a variety of services. To benefit fully from our services you will need to become a subscriber as not all aspects of our services are made available to visitors. We may also occasionally require you to download our content. If there are charges associated with any of these services, we will make it clear before you incur any such charges and you will be responsible for any charges incurred from that point on.
We aim to provide you with the best service we can, but our service is provided "as is" and we do not and cannot promise that all of the information provided in our services will always be 100% accurate. Our service is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. All our services are provided without any warranties or guarantees.
Some of the information provided by our services is supplied to us by our third-party partners. We have no control over third-party content and we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of such third-party content. You agree that you access any content at your own risk. Before acting on or relying on any information, whether it is from us or from our third-party partners, we recommend you verify the accuracy of such information.
Whilst we will do our best to ensure that our service is fully operational at all times, we are not responsible for and shall not be liable to you for any problems or temporary interruptions in using our services including but not limited to technical problems from traffic congestion on the internet, updates or amendments to software/services used by our site, participation in or downloading third-party content etc.
To the extent permissible by law, we are not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of our services or from any content posted on or through our services.
Limitation of our liability to you
You agree, that to the extent permissible by law, your sole and only remedy for any problems, issues or concerns with our service, is to stop using our services, whether as a subscriber or as a visitor using one of our services.
Please read these terms carefully as they will set out the terms for your subscription or registration with us. In addition to these terms, you will also be subject to the individual terms which govern the specific service which you choose. Type and duration of subscription offers will be displayed to you at the point of selecting such a subscription.
Dynamic paywall and registering as a user
If you have not registered on our website you are not a registered user or a subscriber. You are a non-registered user.
A non-registered user can browse through our website and can read one free subscriber article, as well as any free-access articles published on the website. Once a non-registered user has read their free article, they will be restricted from accessing further subscriber content by a paywall that appears as a banner at the bottom of the page.
The user will be asked to register in order to be able to access one more subscriber article for free. To register an account and access your free read, you need to submit your email address. Your email address will be added to our database.
If you become a subscriber, you will be asked to create an account with an email address and password so that you are able to securely access your products in your account space (My Account). Your details will be added to our database.
Registered member benefits include:
- Access to one extra free subscriber article;
- Option to receive email updates from The Connexion about our products that may be relevant to you;
- Option to receive third-party email updates from our clients on products relevant to English-speakers in France;
- Ability to add a (non-commercial) club/association/charity or church listing for free;
- Ability to post a community (non-commercial) event on our community pages;
- Ability to post a community (non-commercial) notice on our community pages.
Subscriber benefits include registered member benefits above and:
- Unlimited access to all articles online;
- A print edition delivered to your home every month (where a print subscription option is selected);
- A digital version of the current print edition that you can view and download from My Account*;
- Option to receive our newsletter(s);
- Subscriber offers and deals on Connexion products
*The most recent 12 digital editions can be viewed via My Account. The oldest digital edition automatically falls away each month as the current edition is published. Should you wish to keep a copy of an edition we recommend downloading and saving it no later than the 15th day of the month to ensure continued access.
This is an instant access service. By purchasing a subscription you acknowledge that your digital access will start immediately. You acknowledge that non-registered visitor, registered member and subscriber benefits may change from time to time.
When you register or create an account with us, you will be asked to provide your email address and accept our Terms and Conditions. Your email address will be added to our database; we will send transactional and marketing emails related to Connexion products to this address.
We will ask you if you would like to receive our newsletter. By ticking yes to the option, you agree to receive our newsletter in your inbox. We will also ask you if you would be interested to hear from our partners about relevant products and services such as financial advice seminars, cultural events and others. By ticking yes to the option, you agree to receive emails of this nature to your inbox, normally sent out around 6 times per year.
You may opt out from receiving email marketing at any time by clicking on the 'Update your preferences' link at the bottom of emails or unsubscribing from communications from us via My Account.
If you would like to delete your information from our database, please get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I become a subscriber?
To become a subscriber, please select the type and duration of subscription that you would like from our subscription page. You will be taken to our secure payment gateway where you will be able to make a payment by credit or debit card. Following successful completion of the purchase, your access to subscriber articles online will begin immediately.
Your subscription is set to automatically renew which means that money will be withdrawn via your chosen payment method at the end of your subscription term and your subscription continued as normal. You will receive an email before your subscription is due to be renewed with a notice of the payment amount to be taken out. You may switch auto-renew on or off in My Account.
How long is my subscription?
It will start digitally immediately upon activation, print subscriptions will start from the next available distribution date. Our print cycle ends on the 12th of the month. If you purchase a print subscription on or before the 12th, you will receive the following month's edition to your door. E.g. Subscribe to the Print + Digital option before midnight on January 12 and you will receive the February edition. If you subscribe after the 12th, you will receive the edition for the month after the next. E.g. You subscribe to the Print + Digital option on January 13 which means that your first print edition posted to you will be the March issue.
The terms which govern your minimum and continuing subscription will vary depending on which subscription you choose. Please take a look at our subscription page to learn more.
What does my subscription cost?
The cost of a subscription is detailed on our subscription pages and may vary from time to time or by country. If you later ask us to change your type/duration etc of your subscription you will be advised of any cost in doing so.
Payment can be made using Visa, MasterCard credit or debit cards. Prices are shown in euros and payment is debited in euros also. Where relevant, currency conversion values may fluctuate and conversion fees may be charged by your bank/card provider. By submitting payment details to us, you confirm that you are entitled to purchase a subscription using those payment details.
We reserve the right to change subscription prices and/or benefits without notice. Any increase in price will not require an increase in payment during a subscription term but will take effect for new or renewal subscriptions entered into subsequent to a price increase. The option to auto-renew a subscription can be terminated via the 'My Account' area on the website at any point.
Can I change my subscription?
You cannot change your option during the subscription period but you can de-activate the automatic renewal and opt for a different subscription type and/or period to start after your original subscription ends.
Can I cancel my subscription?
Ensuring that auto-renewal function is not on and allowing your subscription to expire will cancel your subscription at the end of its term. You can cancel before then by contacting us via email email@example.com and we will make sure that your subscription is not renewed. Please note that subscriptions are payable in advance and we do not offer prorated refunds during the subscription period.
What do I need (devices and hardware)?
To benefit fully from our subscription offers, you will need one or more of the following:
- A PC or Mac computer/Android supported smartphones and/or tablet devices, Apple supported smartphones and/or tablet devices (e.g. iPhone and iPad). Requirements may change at device level from time to time meaning you may need to use a different viewing device or update/amend your viewing device;
- An internet connection.
What happens if I default on an automatic renewal payment?
Your subscription will not be automatically renewed even if you have selected this option. You will need to make full payment in order for any new or other subscription to then start/continue. If you default on your payment, you will have to resubscribe through our subscriptions page.
How do I make a complaint?
If you would like to get in touch with us to make a complaint, please use one of the following options:
- by email - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to ELM - The Connexion, Le Grande-Bretagne, 30 Avenue de Grande-Bretagne, 98000 Monaco
If you are unable to resolve your dispute with us directly, you may wish to use the European ODR platform.
Anything else I should know?
We may change our registration/subscription entitlements at any time. We may also at any time and at our sole discretion, terminate your registration/subscription with us where we believe that we have serious grounds to terminate (for example, breach of these terms).
Some subscription offers may not be available to current or previous subscribers. All offers are personal and are not transferable. All offers are subject to availability and may be changed or withdrawn at any time.
Force majeure. We cannot be held responsible for any costs or losses arising from a delay, variation or cessation in the provision of our services resulting from causes beyond our reasonable control.
Our services are subject to Monaco law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Monaco courts. Your registration/subscription is with English Language Media whose registered office is at Le Grande-Bretagne, 30 Avenue de Grande-Bretagne, 98000 Monaco
Copyright to all our content whether electronic including but not limited to online / digital / email and / or in print format is reserved. Content may not be reproduced, republished, modified, sold, distributed or commercially exploited in any way.
How can I cancel my subscription and can I get a refund if I cancel?
Subscriptions are sold for set periods - currently for three months or one year - and benefit from varying set reductions as a result. Payment is in advance of a subscription starting and is non-refundable.
You have the right to cancel your subscription in the first 14 days after signing up should you change your mind. You need to do this by writing to:
ELM - The Connexion / Order Cancellation,
Le Grande Bretagne
30 Avenue de Grande-Bretagne
We will refund your payment provided that we receive written cancellation instructions, together with any copies of The Connexion sent to you, by the 21st day of the month in which your subscription started. The copy of The Connexion sent to you must be returned in its original wrapping which must remain unopened.
The Connexion Subscriber Community Facebook Group
There are six simple community standards that we expect members of our subscriber Facebook group to follow when interacting with us.
- We expect you to respect each other. Please ensure comments are legal, tasteful and civil. Personal attacks, harassment and inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated;
- Choose your words carefully and do not use language that is threatening, defamatory or offensive to any individual or groups. Understand that words which you deem acceptable may be offensive to others;
- We acknowledge that there may be criticism of our journalism but personal insults or repeated attacks directed towards our journalists will not be tolerated. If you would like to comment on the impartiality of an article, please email email@example.com;
- Maintain a respectful tone, especially when discussing heated or controversial issues. We recommend that users re-read comments before posting;
- Help us take responsibility for the level of conversation on the website by ensuring comments are relevant and on topic;
- Where you refer to reports, studies, other articles and additional information, do your best to link to the original source. This extra context is conducive for having interesting and useful discussions and will result in better feedback from our other readers.
Our approach to user-generated content
In order to ensure our members remain compliant with our guidelines for participation, we have created a non-exhaustive list of prohibited interactions, which we hope you will find useful. Interactions must not:
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age or links to articles or websites that do the same;
- harass, threaten or attack anyone or otherwise behave in a way that could cause annoyance or distress to our members;
- be obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent;
- use swear words, act in a threatening or abusive manner or promote violence;
- make libellous or defamatory comments about others;
- contain any information which personally identifies another individual (such as name, phone number and address) or breaches data protection law;
- constitute or encourage conduct that would be a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
- prejudice pending or on-going criminal or civil court proceedings;
- violate, plagiarise or infringe the rights of third parties including any copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature;
- contain advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind;
- be likely to upset, embarrass and alarm any other person;
- constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- contain any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other harmful programming routines.
We may edit or remove a comment we feel may cause offence to our members. This is in the interest of keeping our community areas appropriate for the vast majority of the people who visit. If a member seriously or repeatedly violates these guidelines, we will take whatever action necessary to ensure these violations are prevented from continuing and we reserve the right to remove, suspend or discontinue your opportunity to submit, post and/or upload content at our sole discretion and without further recourse to you. We reserve the right at all times to take actions that we think will benefit our users.