Inspiring articles on French culture, travel, food and drink, and language.
Clementines: The scent of Christmas in France
Boom in eco-villages in France for those seeking simple community life
Green news France: Bins removed in tourist spot, tree thieves arrested
Courir sur le haricot and more French sport expressions
Envoyer quelqu'un sur les roses and more French flower expressions
Il y a de l’eau dans le gaz and other French water phrases
Shade and chic: France’s history of planting trees in a row
What is the history behind Paris’s Tomb of the Unknown Soldier?
Serge Gainsbourg’s Paris home to open to the public in spring
Gardening in France: Apple tree troubles
This historic Lyon garden is a winter gem
Diary of a birdwatcher in France: Migration
A tour of France's spectacular clocks
Mediterranean garden in south of France is a winter paradise
Test your knowledge of France with our Connexion quiz
- What is the name of the transatlantic single-handed yacht race from Saint Malo to Guadeloupe?
- Which French comic book series was turned into a film starring Oscar winning Jean Dujardin?
- How do you spell “choir” and “heart” in French?
- Who is the French singer known as “Cloclo”?
- Which salad, with multiple variations mostly include boiled eggs, tuna, and green beans is named after a town on the Riviera?
- Which nightly soap opera set in Marseille has aired over 3000 episodes since 2004?
- How many French films had over 1 million admissions in cinemas in 2017?
- With over 300 fashion shows in Paris every year and 1,000,000 jobs in the industry, what percentage of French GDP is generated by the fashion industry?
- The Le Pliage handbag is lightweight, practical, and synonymous with French style with over 32 million bags sold to date; which brand created this line of bags?
- Who designed the Stravinsky fountain outside the Centre George Pompidou in Paris and was known for her voluptuous and colourful sculptures?